Our quilt guild had a mini "retreat" day. . . .meaning that we had the building available to us from 10AM until 4PM.
Mr. Books & I got a little bit of a late start and didn't get there until almost noon. . . but we were able to get started relatively quickly. Mr. Books was able to complete a quilt top that he started a couple of years ago at a quilt show --- it is a small quilt that we will be completing and donating to either our charity program or sending it to Margaret's Hope Chest for their program.
I started to sew the blocks for the All Star quilt that I had pieced previously. I was able to get three rows sewn together (and 2 of those rows are attached; the 3rd one is half pinned so it will be attached shortly).
However, that wasn't the only sewing that I have gotten done recently. I completed the two blocks for the January block of the month drawing (neither of us won); I completed the two blocks for the February block of the month AND I was able to sew 2 additional blocks for one last swap that I was involved in.
Those of you that know me are probably in need of assistance getting off the floor. . . .because my standard mode is that I'm sewing everything at the last minute. Having February blocks done are definitely a "new" thing for me.
Today is a holiday so I am home. I would like to get some more sewing done today. . . .at least get the third row on the All Star quilt (there are a total of 10 rows) and perhaps get started on a Christmas gift (so I'm not doing those at the last minute either).
So, need to get moving. . . .housework needs to be done & then I get to "play".
In peace and pieces,
1 comment:
Hi Sherri, I picked your blog name out of the list of slow poke quilters because I liked it. Cool Name :) You certainly read a lot. I also like the Laura Child books. I have joined up a couple of online book clubs this year. You sound like you have been busy.
Cheers,
Val
Post a Comment