UFO Listing

Saturday, January 21, 2012

FNSI Project

I didn't get to get as much done last night as I hoped. . . .but I was able to get 2 rows on my latest project:

This is a quilt kit that I purchased so I can't take credit for the fabrics -- which are wonderful.  The pattern is called "All Stars".  It is one of the strip club patterns from Cozy Quilt Designs.

I have three more rows to complete and add to the top; then I have the borders to make it a flimsy.

Part of my goals for this year is to get a handle on my fabric stash and to get moving on the stash of quilt kits that I have accumulated.

I'm thinking that if I work on sewing tops while it is cold I can work on doing the quilting during the summer.  There is some method to my madness here; since my sewing area is in the basement while it is cold I can work with the gas fireplace keeping me warm.  However, in the summer I use a fan -- which could make fabric pieces and patterns float around.

Of course, as with any plans I have made before, everything is subject to change.  I just know that I would like to get more things completed this year than I have in past.

We got some snow (actually it is still snowing) this morning so Mr. Books has to go to work. . . .which leaves me on my own with the TV and the sewing machine.

I hope to be able to post again later today with more progress on this --- or another project.

In peace and pieces,
 

3 comments:

Cheryll said...

OOh NiCe top... I love the colours too! It will be stunning when completed I think! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Every little bit of progress on a quilt helps! You got 2 more rows done...that's awesome!

Jo said...

I love this pattern, I wish I had the skill to make a quilt. I think your plans on when and how you are going about making your quilts sounds very organised.
Hope you have a good week

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...