UFO Listing

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Get It Done in 2014 --- January finishes

Okay, I made a comment on a posting over at Katydid Art back on January 8 about 4 goals that I had for January.

They were:

a. Finish sample quilt top for a one-day retreat to be held in February.

Yes!  This one is done & has been shipped to the retreat location.  Here is a picture:

This is a pattern called Rail Fence Diamond and is a Missouri Star Quilts YouTube video tutorial.  The theme of the retreat day is "For God and Country" so I did my sample in a patriotic theme.  Again, this quilt top is shown on a double bed. . . .quite a good size for a lap or couch throw.

Here's a little closer view:


b. Finish star quilt top (it needs the borders finished).

Yes!  This one is done as well!! Here are some pictures of this one. . . .
And a little bit closer view:
This was a kit that I purchased from a LQS. . . I don't have the pattern in front of me so I don't have the name of the pattern handy.

I think this is the first Christmas quilt that I have actually gotten to a flimsy stage. . . .hope it is quilted before the year is out so we can use it.

c. Get my 2013 Row Robin strips into a quilt top (sashing & borders needed).

Nope, this one didn't get done.  To be perfectly honest I haven't even looked at the rows yet.

d. Finish the crocheted tote bag that has been hanging around for years (I only need to sew the handles on it. . . .good grief!).

Nope, this one didn't get done either.  And, the kicker is that now that I plan on finishing it I can't find the silly thing!

So, I got 50% of the projects done that I had planned on getting done. . . .not too shabby because I have been moving some other projects forward that were not on "the list".

Now to think about what I want to have finished by the end of February (which is a short month to begin with!). . . . . .
In peace and pieces,
 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love both the quilts, Sherry! Nice progress toward your goals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...