UFO Listing

Monday, July 2, 2018

July OMG goal

See the source image

Due to travelling in June I was not able to link up for the OMG (One Monthly Goal) program. .  . but I am back for July and getting back to sewing.

You can check out the following link to see what goals other creative are planning on working on for July:

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2018/07/one-monthly-goal-july-goal-link-up.html

Now, my goal for July is to get crumby. . . . . as in crumb blocks.  I want to have 42 of them done and ready for sashing.

I have to admit, I had tried crumb blocks before and I was not really happy with them. . .because I tried to have all kinds of wacky angles in the blocks.  I have found that I am not happy with that kind of thing.

Then I watched a YouTube video series by Darlene Michaud on crumb quilting and had an "ah ha" moment.  I can just cut things straight or slightly angled and work from there.  Great, I can do that. . . . .and I have no problem doing that.

So far here is a sample of what I have gotten:


I am cutting my blocks to 6 1/2" square and plan on making a quilt that will be around 60" x 70" when done.  I will use black as sashing to, hopefully, pop the colors from the blocks.

I figure that I need to have 42 blocks. . . . . I have 9 blocks already done and 13 blocks in progress. . . so I am well on my way to getting the blocks done.

For these blocks I am working from my scrap basket:

I had gone through it to take out larger pieces so these are strips and odd sized pieces that I just want to use to get them gone.

I don't know how depleted this basket will be by the end of the month. . . .as it seems that the fabric is multiplying every time I look at it there may not seem to be much of a difference. . . . so there may be more than just the 42 crumb blocks that I want to have for a quilt in my future.

Happy sewing to all.

In peace and pieces,

Sherry



This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

4 comments:

Patty said...

What a fun project! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Laura said...

What a great use of scraps! Thank you for the video link...I think a crumb quilt should be in my future!

grammajudyb said...

I, too, have crumb blocks in the making all the time. It is a concept that is difficult at first! Have fun and good luck. I'll be looking forward to your finished Crumby Quilt!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your crumb blocks! One thing that I have learned (the hard way) is that crumb blocks make even more crumbs - there is NO end to them - LOL - ;))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...