UFO Listing

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stash Report. . . Week 3

Well, it would be great if I could tell you all that I busted stash this week. But I didn't.

I added stash!

But, lest you all think that I am a complete failure I must report that I have been working on my "No More UFO's" system (based on one I read about on a blog. . .only I can't find the site to link to right this moment).

Anyway, what I have done is pick 4 UFO's that need to be worked on. . .one for each week of the month.

This week I was to work on my sister's very overdue wedding quilt. While I did not finish all that I had wanted to I at least got 4 more blocks cut & some of the sewing done.

Since it involves curved piecing I am sewing by hand. . .which is a little more time consuming.



Ok, guess I've stalled enough. . .

My quilt guild had a "tricky tray" event today to add some funds to our treasury. And, try as I might I bought tickets because there were things that I just wanted:

A new (to me at least) UFO! Those are yo-yo's making up a flag. My thought process was that I don't have a patriotic wall hanging & this one is already basted & ready to be quilted so half the battle is done!



There were 2 sets of fat quarters. . . I really like the floral print & the pink goes well with it. . .I'm thinking of making a doll quilt with it.


Then there was this stenciled panel. I have no idea what I am going to do with it. . .but I don't have the patience to stencil so I went for it:


I just loved this print. . . and there is THREE yards of fabric here. . .so I could definitely put this aside for borders or sashings:


This quilt block is very pretty with the fussy cut flowers in the setting pieces. . I'm thinking this might just be quilted & bound for another small wall hanging:


I also won some Halloween fabric. . . to the tune of another 3 1/2 yards. . .didn't get a picture of that, but there were two 1/2 yard pieces of a print fabric & and 2 1/2 yard piece of a black with moons & stars on it. . .but that piece doesn't feel like cotton -- I'll have to see how it washes to see if it stays in the stash or becomes something more utilitarian.

While I am confessing my "sin" I guess I better add in the 5 yards of white tone-on-tone that I have on order. . .I need it to go with the black & white & agua fabrics in my Black & White challenge because I have once again changed my mind about the block that I want to do! LOL

So, as of right now here are my numbers:

Fabric Brought in This Week: 14 yards
Fabric Brought in Year To Date: 30 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 0 (I've used but the projects are finished so I'm not counting 'em)

Drum Roll Please. . . . . .

Fabric Busted Year To Date: (30 yards)

Ok, I'll take my dunce cap & seat in the corner now. . . . .

EDIT INSERTED AFTER POSTING:

Wait, I forgot!! I turned in some fabric (pre-prints) and some charity quilt kits so my numbers actually aren't as bad as I reported previously!! YIPPEEE. . .

Here are the updated figures:

Fabric In This Week: 14 yards
Fabric In Year To Date: 30 yards
Fabric Out This Week: 13 yards
Fabric Busted Year To Date: (17 yards)

Yeah, I know, I still get the dunce cap. . . but at least it wasn't as bad as I first thought!

In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

But think, you supported your guild!

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Sherry,

Fun blog !

I also love that 3 yds of fabric you got ! that sewing print is really cute. Could you let me know the name and maker of it ? maybe I can find some more ( to add to my stash ! ) That info ALMOST shows up on the selvage edge of the fabric in your picture. . . but not quite !

thanks in advance,

from

Beth in NORTH DAKOTA !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...