UFO Listing

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stash Report, week #1

Well, the first 4 days of January were not good for the condition of my stash.

I could try to justify the incoming fabric on the Black, White & one other color challenge that I am in. . . .since my stash doesn't hold much tone-on-tone black fabrics (at least I don't think it does. . .I did not open all the boxes so I might really be in trouble on this)!

And I could try to justify that the pirate fabric was needed because my nephew likes pirates and the fabric could be used as backing for a quilt for him.

But there is NO way that I can justify the Las Vegas conversational print fabric that I bought. . . I don't believe that there is enough for a stack & whack type quilt, and there isn't enough to be used for a backing for a large quilt, and the design is too large for a doll sized quilt.

Hmm, guess I will just have to admit that I just plain ole BOUGHT fabric when I have no earthly need to buy MORE fabric!!

There, I've said it, now I have to start working.

Fabric Added this week: 16 yards
Fabric Added year to date: 16 yards

Fabric Used this week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to date: 0 yards

In peace and pieces,

7 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

well, at least you're HONEST!!! ROFL

Sue H said...

Wow, that's exactly what I did: 16 yards in, nothing out. I can't justify all my purchases either, except they were fun!

Vicky said...

Ahh, a lady after my own heart! Sometimes you just have to get it!!

Judy L. said...

Why are you torturing us with the days til Christmas banner? :) I still haven't totally put away the decorations and haven't thought about getting the holiday weight off! About that stash report . . at this rate, you'll add 832 yards this year. :)

Unknown said...

I am making a One Block Wonder lapquilt from the Las Vegas conversational fabric!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

You had one bad week. There still are 51 more weeks to turn it around! Good luck!

Joan J said...

LOL! I love the 16-in, 0 out count. It's early in the year, you have plenty of time to even it all out -- says someone who did pretty much the exact same thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...